View Single Post

Old 02-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
It seems that store managers are reluctant to address this problem. Perhaps they are uncomfortable with it. I'm not.

When I see a pet in a store, I politely remind the person that pets and comfort animals don't belong there. If it appears to be a service animal, it is legal to ask "What service does your animal perform for you?" If you get stuttering, you have your answer.

The offender may not leave, but I have made a point. If more people did this, perhaps it would help.
I don't presently have a dog. I agree in full with the spirit of the common message throughout this thread. It's not good to see dogs in places where common sense would register with most people that the dogs don't belong.

However, unless a person has been Temporarily Deputized by The Sherriff Of Mayberry then Don't act like Barney Fife in a store towards anyone with an "Illegal" animal. Just notify the Store Manager, that's why they are there. I would never directly confront anyone, anymore unless they confronted me. I found out People In Florida Carry Concealed Weapons. Big Weapons Too!

If you did this with me it wouldn't be me who would be stuttering and it wouldn't be my dog either. I choose to not live this way anymore but I Give Heart Attacks, I Don't Get Them.