View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Who leaves valuables worth over $1000 in his car? This is 2019, not 1950... you have to be living in some kinda of stupor to leave that kind of money on your car... even in The Villages...I don't support thieves, never have. But common sense is a lost skill.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
America in 2019: Blame the Victim for they clearly must have asked for it or done something that forced the poor unsuspecting criminal into breaking the law.

Oakley sunglasses: $300
iPad: $700
Cell Phone: $600

It doesn't take much in today's world to have over $1000 worth of stuff in your car. Who are we to judge what someone leaves in their car. Most of us would think a locked car should be a pretty safe place, particularly if the valuables are out of view. Imagine the stupid homeowner who thought they could leave thousands of $'s of stuff in their locked home and go to the pool!!!
Reading both of your posts reminds me of an article I read recently that stated one of the highest incidences of car break-ins and theft are in parking lots outside of gyms/pools. Sorry I don't remember where I read it to link it (may have been from an insurance company magazine), but thieves know it is easy pickin's because people often lock up their valuables in their cars thinking they will be safe there. Obviously the article was suggesting not to do that.