View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts
Default Specific Community Standards, Deed Restrictions

We've found what might possibly become our home. Our "host" from our Lifestyle visit this past year will be getting back to us about it today and if all our ducks are in a row, we'll be making an offer.

One of those ducks is the community standards/deed restrictions. I like a certain amount of conformity, I appreciate things not being so "whimsical" that they're an eyesore to the whole neighborhood, or offensive. But I like at least some amount of creative freedom (such as maybe a 6" ceramic garden gnome in the garden up against the dwelling, or a tasteful-looking birdbath surrounded by greenery and neatly edged, or some pretty potted plant in a colorful hand-glazed ceramic pot on the front stoop).

My question then, is how do I find the restrictions for the exact specific property I want to know more about? I won't put in an offer before I can even see what's allowed and what isn't.

I know I can go to the Deed Restrictions page for Lake County (that's where it is) but all these restrictions are by unit number. I don't have any unit number on the Homefinder listing, just an actual street address. Where do I find what I'm looking for?