Thread: AIRBNB Question
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
As a potential future Villager who has rented several times, how would someone get a taste of what it is like to be a Villager without renting 1, 2 or even 3 times before buying? Sure there is the Lifestyle program (which I did a few years ago), but I don't know if I would contemplate a 1,200 mile move from the Midwest to The Villages based on one Lifestyle visit.

Many posters have said "rent for a few months in The Villages before buying so you can find the best location for yourself". Other posters seem to really dislike rentals; perhaps they have had a bad experience with a renter in their neighborhood.

Outside of the Lifestyle program, how do people in their mid to late 50's and up who are still working full time get to experience The Villages unless they rent for 2 or 3 weeks? Even if someone has worked for the same employer for 30 years, most people in the 55 to 62 age group are getting at most 6 weeks of vacation, unless they are teachers with summers off.

Sorry for the rant, but as someone who can only rent in The Villages on a short term basis as I still hold a full time job with only so much vacation time, just wanted to get another viewpoint across. Maybe I will be a Villager in a few years based on the great rental experiences I have had in TV.
Thanks for the input, Schaumburger. I for one hope you do move here some day; you'd be a wonderful addition to the community.