View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Default Fair? Fair is in the eye of the beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
To those who complain of having to wait: What will be your reaction if your 'on time' doctor tells you that you will have to come back another time because other patients are waiting and he/she is going to get off schedule if he/she continues with you any longer? What if that doctor has a patient in the hospital and takes extra time? What if you are THAT patient; do you want your doctor to rush off to the office so nobody has to wait? Remember this, too, when your doctor has said you can go home and has to write your discharge orders. If several are going home the same day, it will possibly skew the office schedule.

Everyone wants the best doctors, but don't want to share. The best doctors will always be the busiest and most usually will have the furthest out appointment times and often times longer waits in the office. I am happy to have the best.

I had the misfortune of having a doctor tell me when I told him I had another question, that he didn't have time. The operative word here: HAD (a doctor).
Truth, in my life I've only been late for a doctor's appointment, probably true of any appointment and that was recently in THE VILLAGES. We called the doctor's office and told them the TRUTH that our golf cart was broken down on the road. Only in the villages.

Here most people are on Medicare. What the doctor can charge is controlled by Medicare. Medicare figures 15 minutes to see a patient. You've said hello-you used up half the time the doctor can spend with you.

Far as waiting. I know I've waited over an hour. Take a book with you. For me the simple human act of the doctor saying sorry about keeping you waiting so long but...................
Is a major plus-MUTUAL RESPECT.