View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Many of the manufactured homes have a shed attached to and at the end of the carport. Residents need to exit their houses in order to access it. The door has a lock. There is no air conditioning in the shed but it's no different than having a washer/dryer in a garage as far as the temperature is concerned. I don't know everyone on the historic side, but none of my neighbors or I when I lived there considered air conditioning the laundry shed. The dryer is vented to the outside so it doesn't get any hotter than it usually is. There's usually a louvered window for some outside air circulation.
Thank you - that is exactly what I'm talking about! I've seen some people use this shed/shack/room/whatever not just for laundry, but also as a workshed for things like woodworking projects. Do you know if these sheds can be "finished?' By that I mean insulated and some sort of vent leading from the house to the shed to allow for air conditioning to get in there?

I'd actually wondered about the garages in the designer home and the CYV and Patio Villa we've stayed in, in the past - some of them were spacious enough to have workshops in them, but they were horrendously hot. I'd wondered if they had AC and it just wasn't used, or if they didn't have them at all.