View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

Did it ourself about 5 years ago. Got a Villages Estimate then placed our Ranch on the Market a few $1000 more than the estimate with the idea of putting it on with the Villages if it didn't sell, at their estimate. We had about a week window to sell it and held an open house every day for a few hrs with a few signs placed around on the street. Also put a notice in Talkofthevillages, local paper and one other place (can't remember where ). Had a good traffic location and several lookers and a few very interested prospects. Less than a week after the putting on we received an offer very close to the price we were asking and sold it that day. Almost all the lookers were from the open house. The photos we used on Talkfothevillages were taken by me with a 35mm point and shoot camera. Today I think you could use a cell phone camera. We really lucked out because the buyer used their own buyer's agent and we didn't have to do anything except sign papers. It went very smooth and we would clearly try it again. Our daughter just sold her house outside the Villages, but very close, by herself word of mouth without even advertising. Several agents have "for sale by ower packages" with all the necessary paperwork that you can use and will charge about $500 (Check for today's prices but I think it's in the ballpark) to close the deal. I would guess it depends on the house, location, price, finding the right person at the right time and good luck but saving 5 or 6% or even selling it is clearly worth a try.

Good Luck!