View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Thank you - that is exactly what I'm talking about! I've seen some people use this shed/shack/room/whatever not just for laundry, but also as a workshed for things like woodworking projects. Do you know if these sheds can be "finished?' By that I mean insulated and some sort of vent leading from the house to the shed to allow for air conditioning to get in there?

I'd actually wondered about the garages in the designer home and the CYV and Patio Villa we've stayed in, in the past - some of them were spacious enough to have workshops in them, but they were horrendously hot. I'd wondered if they had AC and it just wasn't used, or if they didn't have them at all.
In my previous house, my 'man cave' had a large window that faced directly west...and became unbearably hot in the afternoon.

Even with tinting the windows and shutting the curtains, the only way to keep it cool in that one room was to lower the thermostat so much that all of the other 3,500 sf of the house...stayed at about 62 degrees.

Found a nice one of these, which can easily be turned on/off when needed...and the problem was solved.

Portable A/C Units (Poke Here)

As for the venting, something like this in the window of the shack...would never even be noticed.

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	A-C Vent.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	78491  

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 02-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.