View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Thank you - that is exactly what I'm talking about! I've seen some people use this shed/shack/room/whatever not just for laundry, but also as a workshed for things like woodworking projects. Do you know if these sheds can be "finished?' By that I mean insulated and some sort of vent leading from the house to the shed to allow for air conditioning to get in there?
Mine had shelving all around and I stored the lawn mower, seasonal ornaments, and other large tools there. There's no reason you couldn't insulate and drywall the interior without needing ARC permission. It would be nice. As far as the venting goes, the wall in my shed with the washer and dryer abutted the wall of the hall bath inside. If an A/C contractor could somehow extend the ductwork from inside, you also wouldn't need permission.

Check to see if the gray pipes have been replaced in any manufactured homes you're considering. I needed to get mine re-plumbed (around $600 but that was 7 years ago and it was only a 1000 sf house).

Last edited by queasy27; 02-09-2019 at 10:02 PM.