Thread: Medical ethics
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
My view is that you have the right to fire the doctor if you don't feel he is doing what is in your personal view, what's best for you. He also has the right to fire you if he doesn't feel you are doing what is in his personal view, what's best for you.
I truly do sympathize with the doctor's side of things, but I'd also expect a bit of forebearance on their part.

The difficulty is that "not forcing me to take medication" isn't a good way to find doctors. This is my 5th internist in 9 years -- three of them left TV and one I left because of excessive wait times and error-prone office staff. I'd hope to find something who's willing to work with me as I try to take back some control over my health care after a couple of stressful years on the medical merry go round. I'm tired of the paperwork and repeat testing and having to start over and explain everything again with someone new.

I absolutely dread going to the doctor these days and get quite anxious (blood pressure up!).

United Healthcare even contacted my danged pharmacy and had them call me to say I needed to take statins. Like, really?

Last edited by queasy27; 02-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.