View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quills View Post
We are considering moving to Florida very soon. We have visited there for many years. The Village's was at the top of our list for our retirement location. We have stayed there 3 times over the last 2 years.
Among many things, I enjoy washing/polishing my cars while listening to music, smoking cigars in the yard with a few buds and I have several dogs. I believe in live and let live.
I've been following forums, news and comments sections about The Villages. I notice quite often people complaining about their neighbors. Unapproved pavers behind fences, not visible to the street so someone had to look over a fence line. Stickers on mailboxes, gnomes on yards, 2 many dogs, etc.
I have a military and police background so I respect rules and laws. However, it seems to me, you must conform to The Villages or you will be hounded by anonymous neighbors, it sounds scary.
Are things exaggerated on the forums and news commentaries? I would love to hear opinions/remarks about your experiences.
Thank you,
Sincerely,
Fred & Sonia

It really depends on the neighbors in question and how well they get along. We have a few neighbors who bicker often and avoid one another in social settings. I try not to take sides and to remain neutral.

I would try to get an idea of what the neighbors are really like once you have a location in mind. It is location, location, location IMHO especially in the Villages.

I see you live in Northern VA. Brother used to live in Burke, VA and sister-in-law (his wife) grew up in that area and went to a high school in Alexandria.

Some of my friends here in the Villages have moved numerous times around different parts of the Villages looking for just the right fit. We lucked out and found a nice spot in June of 2005 but you do have to make an effort to get along with the people in your area.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.