View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,678 Times in 3,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Thanks for finding the punishment that may be inflicted on an owner with an offensive lawn ornament.

After all of those actions are taken, what do you think will happen if the owner still refuses to remove the offending lawn ornament?

In my opinion, the phrase "legal remedies" may including seizing the home and evicting the owner.
They won't evict someone from their own property. They'd have to go through a whole different process for that.

What they can do is put a lien on the property so when you are ready to sell it (or if your beneficiaries try to sell it after you're dead), the Villages district will get first dibs on the amount of the lien, before the seller (you or beneficiaries or the bank) can touch it.

I believe there is a fine of up to $50 for each day of the infraction. I also believe I read there was a maximum fine, and something happened after that (probably the lien) but I can't remember what exactly that was.

That was in just one of the deed restriction pages I read, in one section of the Villages in Lake County, and I think that particular page was dated some time in 1998.