View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts
Default New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

We often go to the Fenney area on Sunday to walk around and see what is happening.

Today we went to the new neighborhood of Marsh Bend, parked in the Marsh View housing area with the brick streets, and walked along the pedestrian trail to the new Cattail Recreation Area.

The pedestrian trail is great - a wide asphalt path that will not allow golf carts, much nicer than a MMP for walking. The path winds thru live oak trees and has very nice views of Hog Eye Marsh.

We were very impressed with the new pitch-putt course they are building. The holes we saw were short (40-70 yards), but the greens appeared to have a lot of slope with some very challenging possible pin positions. In short, the whole place is truly beautiful, with the creek running thru the course, the small lakes, and the gorgeous live oaks.

There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

When everything is finished, I can foresee that my wife and I will enjoy parking our car at the Everglades Rec Center, taking the walking trail to Cattail, having lunch at one of the food trucks they plan to have there, and then walking back on the trail that is supposed to go north of Hog Eye Marsh.