Thread: Medical ethics
View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Without getting too specific, one of my doctors said they would have to discharge me as a patient if I wasn't wiling to take a cholesterol medication. My objection was that I had taken them for 15+ years but had developed side effects that I am no long willing to tolerate. During that time, my cholesterol was never reduced to recommended levels, anyway.

I confess I don't really understand the doctor's position. Am I not allowed as a patient to refuse treatment? Should doctors have the right to only treat obedient patients who do everything they say?

I don't know the answers. I'm not trying to be stubborn or willfully noncompliant but do feel strongly about this particular issue. I'm curious to hear other opinions from both sides.
RESPONSE: We have found the doctors here are a long way from the quality we found in other states. Yep, some real surprises here, but then I cannot tell it all here. So, our opinion is CHANGE DOCTORS NOW. THAT MAY WORK?? We have two neighbors who go for their medical in the state they moved from, a long way, but it is understandable. They have an unending line of folks here to bring in the money so it seems ($$$$) GOOD LUCK.