Thread: Lopez Legacy
View Single Post

Old 02-11-2019, 10:56 AM

We had an absolutely lovely experience at Lopez Legacy last night. No major complaints at all, and in fact, the food, the service, and the atmosphere we’re all top-notch. We had a 7 pm reservation and were seated immediately. Our waiter was Soren who was extremely professional and very accommodating. The decor is beautiful. There were three of us and yes, it was expensive, but worth it for those of you who are “foodies“. My husband and I shared a delicious buratta salad with balsamic glaze and cherry tomatoes, and our friend had grilled octopus with Kalamata aioli, which was charred, perfectly seasoned and tender. Our friend went on to have a beautifully flavored, very tender lamb shank over truffle potato purée, and my husband and I shared the rainbow trout with almond cream sauce, sliced almonds, and bacon, and the pear and ricotta stuffed Sacchetti with a short rib sauce. My favorite was the sachetti but everything was delicious.
Only minor quibbles were that they were out of several entrees and also our first wine choice.
The upscale food preparations and high prices are not for everyone, but for us, it’s a welcome addition to the Villages for those looking for a special evening.