View Single Post

Old 02-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
Will prevent me from ever considering full time here... correct assessment or not?
You will find great stories and horror stories about health providers anywhere you go but there are very few places that have a local bulletin board like TOTV to amplify horror stories like The Villages does.

I don't feel I can make personal assessments based on aggregate statistics of providers, unfortunately I feel I have to somehow make assessments of individual providers myself. There are good and bad providers everywhere no matter how good the "brand" they are associated with is.

For us the transition from Massachusetts to The Villages was stressful because of the having to find new health care providers... as it would have been no matter what place we moved to.

In the end we feel our health and health care is better here than in Eastern Massachusetts (which has lots of world class health facilities) simply because Villages Health and our doctor do a better job of managing the care we received than in Massachusetts, and the locality of services. We feel our PCP is just as competent as any of the better doctors we dealt with in Massachusetts.

As far as hospitals in the area we are very satisfied with the services we have received at Villages Hospital, Leesburg Hospital and Munroe (now Advent) in Ocala. We weren't satisfied with the services we received at the other big hospital in Ocala, though that might have been the luck of the draw.

In the end picking health care providers is stressful and personal, and if you get it wrong you lose.

If you already have providers in Cincinnati that you trust and have done a good job for you, you may find it hard to replace them no matter where you go. In our case most of our providers were on the verge of retirement so that actually made the transition to The Villages an easier choice for us.