View Single Post

Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I'm looking for suggestions. I've been in the Villages for 9 years and am frustrated about the time it takes for hot water to reach my showers, and sinks. We have an outdoor gas tankless water heater. It takes a minimum of 5 minutes sometimes longer . Having to wait that long is an extreme waist of water. I Believe one of the main causes of this problem is all the water pipes are run under the concrete slab and not properly insulated...Suggestions....Please!!
There is a radio show 96.5 FM and at 7:00 AM Saturday they have a home repair show on. I've called in, it is not too difficult to get through. You will surely be able to get professional advice.

Others have mentioned a recirculater pump. You state your concern is wasted water. My view, I would ask if a recirculator pump saves money as it does use electricity to circulate the water and I believe it puts extra wear on your hot water heater.
For us our electric hot water heater is in the garage close to the shower so our wait for a shower is minimal.

My truly simple solution. You turn your shower control to hot only. You turn the water on while you take your clothes off by the time you are ready to step in the water is running hot or will soon be.