View Single Post

Old 02-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
If you would like to report complaints you will be very busy. Just take your golf cart or your car with a paasenger on board and drive around each and every street in each village to note each address and each infraction. You will be surprised how many infractions you will see. Just looking at the number of bird statues all over the Villages will keep you very busy. But after you do this to your neighbors you will have opened up a bee hive as people love their neighbors small, tasteful bird statues. The real purpose of this deed reporting system is to provide a mechanism to stop people from putting a tank statue or 24 three foot trolls in their front yard. In fact if anyone actually does this and submits thousands of deed restriction violations to VCCD you would see changes come quickly. I agree, keep the deed restrictions in place, but look to improve the complaint reporting system.
The birds, the bronze birds are almost always permitted when ARC is asked. That and nicely done fountains. Not so much a bunch of ceramic mushrooms or little bunnies.

I see nothing wrong with someone reporting deed restrictions. But some do. I have only reported one and that was my neighbor in Hadley. But there is one in my friends neighborhood where the driveway is lined with schlocky things and I have to think that she has to have been reported many times up to the limit. And she probably has a lien on her home. I am always tempted to call when I go by there, but I don't.