View Single Post

Old 02-11-2019, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I was curious after reading this statement. I find this statement to be wrong.
I went to the tee time system to see what/how many tee times were available for tomorrow Tuesday Feb 12.
I stopped counting at 75 for the championship and 75 for the executive courses.
If you want to play golf in TV you can, without waiting.
Unfortunately you must have "read where" right here on TOTV somebody's complaining no tee times. Digging deeper they most likely were complaining they could not get a tee time between 9:00 and 9:30 on one course.
The whole post included many generalizations and opinions not backed up with facts.
My comment was based on a number of observations speaking in generalizations. Obviously there are exceptions and situations where specific golfers are able to play sometime, somewhere the next day. Also, generally speaking, especially during snowbird season, snowbirds get first priority because they have played the least while full timers who previously played often must defer.

My experience has also been to arrive at least 45 minutes early to get a seat for many events. Dance lessons were particular noteworthy, with one or two instructors trying to teach a hundred people. It doesn't work, at least not well.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley

Last edited by gfmucci; 02-11-2019 at 08:39 PM.