View Single Post

Old 02-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
This is a general problem. Companies are caught all the time with clauses in contracts that are unenforceable or illegal. As Jazuela points out, most people aren’t lawyers and don’t know. Companies take advantage of that. They are swindling their customers with these practices.

TV’s deed restrictions fall under that umbrella. Maybe the restrictions used to be valid, but they aren’t any more. They should be removed, or TV is lying to their residents. They are ruling by intimidation and relying on ignorance of the law.

And this has drifted away from lawn ornament rules to deed restrictions in general,but I think it’s still an important topic.
BE ASSURED that The Villages Inc. is represented well by legal counsel, has researched these issues and are abiding by the law. I think that the CDD form of government is new to most people who come from other parts of the country. There is a class here to explain just how The Villages work. No one is forced or coerced to buy here. The Villages has a number of things that make it different from other places most people have lived. The bond (which pays for the infrastructure is separate from the cost of the home) The amenity fees are based on the cost of living index. They even went down a teeny bit once. The people who run the place are not voted on if you live south of 466. South of 466 is run solely by the CDD, i.e. The Developers. Many of us hope that it will always be that way, they are doing a good job. If this place was left to the power wannabees it would be the typical city and not the wonderful place it is. I don't think many places could be this successful. I think the Morse family is ethical and hard working. I have never met them and I don't nor have I ever sold real estate. I am just delighted with living here.

PLUS, like many, I have lived here for many years and have had a lively interest in what is going on. I do know what it is like to think it is too good to be true. I was like that at first, too.