View Single Post

Old 02-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You didn't say who you're switching from? I had USAA, it's for veterans and suppose to be cheaper than the others. I went with them when I was up north in Baltimore, I had two cars for $901 a year. I moved here and went with one car in a CYV and I was paying $860 a year. In 2017 I was driving a new Camaro, in April 2018 I traded in the Camaro for the Hyundai Kona in my avatar. It's a crossover SUV that listed for $16,000 less than the Camaro did the year before.

They raised my insurance to $900 a year when I got the Kona, just a $40 increase, but still it made no sense since the car was much less expensive and the Camaro was a sports car. I called and conplained but they wouldn't lower the rate. Then in December my new bill arrived and it was a $1,000. Needless to say, I started looking around. I had no tickets, no accidents in 2017 or 2018. I was rear-ended in spring 2016 and the other driver's insurance paid everything, even my rental car. He had Travelers Insurance.

There is a website that you fill out your info and it will be you prices from several companies. I did that, and Progressive and eInsurance were a little cheaper, about $25. However, AAA Insurance is only $806 a year for the same coverage on my Kona that had with USAA. My neighbor that I play golf with, has AAA and he said they were great. You do have to join AAA for $66 a year, but you get a lot of benefits for that money, including towing.
I greatly appreciate your extensive experience, knowledge, and time involved relating it.

I started with Liberty Mutual down here in March of 2014. $400.00 more a year than in Indiana. Price went down the second year, I did the AARP Safe Driver Course. Going up a little each year, and a $300.00 a year jump for 3/19.
1998 Honda Civic four-door bought new, low miles 100450 MI to date.
Never had a ticket. No claims for 30 years. Excellent FICA rating. My Florida driver's license says safe driver. I have never had a drop of alcohol, & gotten behind a wheel since I was 18.