View Single Post

Old 02-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You did your research. I've never submitted a claim and I got my original driver's license in Florida in 1966. What impressed me was Travelers Insurance. I didn't check them for rates, I went with AAA because of the rates and my neighbor's recommendation.

From actual experience I was rear-ended in 2016 while sitting at the Marathon Station on 466A while waiting for traffic. The driver that hit me said his foot slipped off the brake and took complete resonsibility. He was only going maybe 5 mph, but the damage was $2400 at Car Guys in Lady Lake.

He gave me his insurance info on the spot. I called Travelers when I got home and they were already aware of the event and said an appraiser would be at my home tomorrow. He gave an appraisal of $1200 and I asked for a shop that he recommended, and he said he heard good things about Car Guys.

I called Car Guys and they asked for the Travelers claim number, said they had the appraisal on their computer, told me to bring the car in tomorrow and they have it fixed in 2 days. I dropped off the car and Car Guys called Enterprise Rental Car at LSL, which came and picked me up. I was given a fairly new Hyundai Sonata and was told it was paid by Travelers.

Car Guys called the next day and said when the tech got under the car they found more damage to the trunk. I said what do you want me to do, they said nothing. They had already called Travelers and the appraiser had already stopped by and had revised the amount to $2400. Four days later I picked up the car, the paint and everything looked perfect. Didn't pay a penny and didn't even report it to my insurance company since they weren't needed.
That is an amazingly, efficient, effective way to do business. I am extremely impressed!

I will check out Travelers, & AAA next.
I greatly appreciate all that you have shared here, and your recommendation.

We have never met, & probably never will, but today,
You are my Hero!