View Single Post

Old 02-13-2019, 06:34 AM
Sage

It is amazing how people get all wrapped up in rankings without really understanding what actually goes into those rankings. It is the same thing that goes on with rankings of universities. The suggestion that you must go outside of FL for excellent health care is not based on anything concrete. You can certainly find less than stellar health care no matter where you live. If I needed the services of a children's hospital and I lived in Boston, would I travel to Baltimore based on the fact that it is now ranked just ahead of Boston? I don't think so. However, I would if there was a specific Dr. that I wanted to see. You can find excellent Drs. in Florida. A lot of them practice at Mayo, Shands and Moffitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is indeed my opinion, but I invite you to check out U.S. News and World report list of best American Hospitals. This year and for a long time, The Cleveland Clinic was deemed the best heart Hospital in the U.S. Baltimore had the number one Children's Hospital, kicking Boston Children's to number two. Anderson in Houston was best Cancer Hospital with Sloan Kettering number two. Mayo Clinic (the original one was number one in MANY things)

The best U.S. Hospitals.Access Denied

And in Florida;

Access Denied

Last edited by biker1; 02-13-2019 at 06:45 AM.