View Single Post

Old 02-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Dry wall is smooth, but the most common size it comes in is 4 ft x 8 ft sheets. The seams that occur between the sheets are the problem. The seams are taped and drywall compound (sometimes called mud) is used to cover the seam. This is a very difficult procedure. To get a really smooth surface the mud must be sanded and repeated coats applied and sanded to feather out the seam. Otherwise you end up with a bump at every seam. Texture makes the seams easier to hide. To get a perfectly flat wall, a lot of man hours and skill need to be used.
This sounds very reasonable. They have a process, based on many, many, many, many hours of experience with not only materials, workers but customers as well. They do NOT build a custom house in the sense some might have experienced before, but they build a very good home. We are on our second new home here. We have built eleven new homes in our lifetime and we think this one is the most comfortable. (Except in the winter, the vents are on the ceiling because cold air FALLS and we have hot weather most of the time here in Florida)

When you opt to do a process not offered they charge WAY more to discourage it. THEY are VERY GOOD at warranty to stand behind problems presented to them. VERY GOOD. Just remember to approach them as you would any nice person.

I consider myself somewhat a person who is VERY interested in home décor and home interiors and I think the walls present a blank canvas for lovely pictures, and accessories and color to make them beautiful. I don't consider the texture a minus at all.

They aren't out to get you. We enjoyed building and watching the process every day. It is like a well orchestrated ballet. AND no more expensive in the end than buying a used home. Below is a picture of walls in first home in Hadley. Loved it. Love the one we are in now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	house on Hadley.png
Views:	1270
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	78571  

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-16-2019 at 09:25 AM.