View Single Post

Old 02-17-2019, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spexdr View Post
Hey everybody! First time initiating a post, need your opinions. I need replacement windows for my manufactured home. I have metal awnings and manual roll away storm shutters to deal with. I went on line and requested quotes and got lots of responses quickly, them smelling money! 16 windows to do. Most didn’t pay attention that it is a manufactured home and they cannot do them they say. So Home Depot came out and they will do it for average of about $840 each! No big picture windows or sliders. Least pricey window of 4 choices. The salesman supposedly texted the installer about the shutters and awnings and he said he can work with it. When I got the contract it did not specifically state that they were aware of these extra obstacles. So I’m wondering if anybody has any experience with replacement windows and what company they used and recommend. Thank you very much for your assistance and opinions!
I am looking for 2 replacement windows and have tried Pats in Leesburg and Mobile Home Depot in Ocala. Both cater specifically to Manufactured homes.

I can't tell you the prices I received specifically cause I don't remember but it was significantly less than $840. The Permit situation is something you probably don't want to pass because it may become an issue when you try to sell or if a neighbor reports you for working without a permit.

Try to ask your neighbor for a Handyman that they use and like. That is another possibility for a helping hand. I'd give you our guy but he's winding down his operation.

I saw a few Window's World Truck's on my street this week going nuts installed windows on two houses next to each other. Have to give them a call also. Good Luck and report back as will I when we find the answer.