View Single Post

Old 02-17-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1625548]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I have never heard a barking dog in Mallory.......until today. The dog barked non stop (with 10 second breaks about every 5 minutes) for nearly 2 hours that I heard. I went outside on this glorious day to do yard work and the dog was already barking off in the distance so who knows how long the dog had been barking already. The dog was probably 2 or 3 blocks away from me but was still so very annoying! I can imagine how awful it must have been for neighbors on the same street.

How can a homeowner allow the dog to bark and disturb the beautiful peaceful environment we have here in The Villages? The only thing I can think of is the pet owner left the dog unattended, probably on a screened in lanai or worse yet.....tied to a tree.

WOW! Will the management do anything about a dog or anything else that annoys us? Well, Hey, you paid to live here, right? You want some help, right? Better shape up, pay your fees, however, do not expect any special treatment. Do we have rules, Yep, lots of them. Do we enforce rules?? Well, that is another matter.
I think I remember you are getting ready to sell your home here and move on.

It is my experience we find the same general types of folks everywhere. I think that more law abiding people and rule followers live in The Villages than any other place I have lived. May be how they were brought up that stuck. Our moms were a lot STRICTER.