View Single Post

Old 02-18-2019, 09:05 AM

Marrieds are unfriendly to village singles no matter the neighborhoods. This is not true of all married people but is true of the majority. I attended neighborhood socials for a while but when I asked if I could sit at a table with couples I was often told "these are saved"....went from table to table at least six times. CVs are great, I think, because of the privacy (walls) and the lack of maintaining a grass lawn, though you can still go outdoors. You will have singles in your neighborhood, of course, and they may be folks with things in common with you (or they may not, in which case, most of your friends will probably be made in places such as special interest clubs). The "singles scene" in TV is often - not always- about finding a sex partner. There is also a "happy hour scene" in which groups of friends (most often either same sex or else groups of married couples) go to the dozens if not over one hundred happy hours in various bars around town. If a sex partner and happy hours are your main interests, you will have no problems. If not, it will take effort but you will find folks like yourself. For instance, there is a very active veterans scene here, with a strong charitable side, i.e., honor flights and helping disabled veterans. That's just one example. You will find a way to make friends with common interests. But...people are so "specialized" as they grow older and learn what they like …. only a small percent of people will have common interests with you and odds are against more than one or two of them being in your neighborhood.