Thread: Barking Dog!!!
View Single Post

Old 02-18-2019, 09:12 AM

I went to stay with my newly retired parents in Tennessee some years ago. A dog barked all night. I told my parents I could not sleep. They said...well, you are in the country. I went to the drug store and got those "gummy" type earplugs (the foam type don't help with noise). They helped. there are also "white noise apps" (google it) that sound a bit like rain and cover all noises.

But lets home you don't have to do there in this situation. Your neighbor with the dog may have come from "the country" where it was acceptable. I agree it is not acceptable here. If you talk to them and they do not cooperate and then you call the law, you are in a pickle. I say write an anonymous, but kind note, assuming they are well meaning but don't know the dog is disturbing others. Then if nothing changes, work with the law.

I feel so very sorry for the dog, who is expressing distress with constant barking, but I love animals and deplore some of the ways our society thinks it is OK to treat them...but that was not the subject of this thread so I will stop.