Thread: Barking Dog!!!
View Single Post

Old 02-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
Having had barking dog issues in other neighborhoods, I inquired as to The Villages' policy on this before buying here. I never really got an answer. Penned or chained dogs bark out of boredom and frustration. Often the owner is at work or away, and not aware of it, but it's still a nuisance and a violation of most noise ordinances. The first couple of times, I politely asked the neighbor to do something, but, since there was no easy fix for them they typically become indignant, one even insisting that her dog had a "right to bark". The last time this happened, I called Animal Control rather than the neighbor. After two warnings, and an imminent citation, they apparently started leaving the dog indoors when they were at work. I remained anonymous. Thank you, Animal Control!
Quote:
Quite an attitude you've got there.
Quote:
I had one neighbor tell me his dog's barking was "just what dogs do". I said, "Well, crack dealers just sell crack. That doesn't make it OK." and called Animal Control. People with that kind of arrogant attitude usually only respond to a threat.