View Single Post

Old 02-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Actually, it's far from being..."that simple."

He originally sat on the bench until another player (and a vet) told him that it would be more respectful...if he kneeled.

All Kap was doing was trying to bring attention to a cause...that is very real.

Those who would prefer to ignore or turn their heads on this issue, chose to try and make it about disrespecting the flag of our country...instead of a meaningful discussion of the issue.

Of which a lot of those same people, sit in their easy chair munching away on snacks...when the national anthem is being played on the television.

Here is a very balanced view on the whole kneeling thing, including the Green Beret's opinion that Kaepernick went too far (which I agree with)...when he wore those socks.

I encourage all of those who want to know the truth (from a balanced perspective) to read this...but I won't hold my breath.

Kneeling History (click here)

Quote:
“I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in,” Boyer wrote. “It’s your inalienable right.

What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes.

I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.”