View Single Post

Old 02-19-2019, 08:46 PM
Sage

I’ve had Echos for years and have steadly added more to my home. We even have one we travel with. Also have a Ring doorbell and my echo Show will show me the front door when I ask. Presently there are three wake words...Alexa, Computer, Amazon. Different devices in my house have different wake words. Use my echos to turn on indoor lights, turn on lanai lights, turn on tv, listen to music, get weather info, set reminders, make lists, can even make telephone calls. We also bought an echo Connect device that will let you ask Alexa to call 911 for you and 911 operators will receive info like the call is being received from your home phone. Inexpensive addition that could save your life. She can add, tell you how to spell a word, tell a story, read a book, hold a conversation, play Amazon Prime movies on your Show, tell you a joke, and play soothing sounds for you. One of my favorite things to listen to is old time radio. My drift off to sleep white noise is “Distant thunderstorm.” There’s a “Guard Dog” app....barking dogs, there’s house sounds that make it seem like someone is at home. You can ask for the telephone number and business hours of stores, and many, many more things. I have old and new devices and they’ve performed well. She’s fun and I enjoy having her around.

Last edited by pooh; 02-19-2019 at 09:10 PM.