View Single Post

Old 02-21-2019, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

My expectations at fast food places, including Arbys, is always low. And sometimes even that is too high.

When I first visited Arbys many, many years ago, I was taken by the fact that the "roast beef" sandwich tasted nothing like roast beef. Or beef for that matter. I nearly vowed never to return but saw something on the menu that I hadn't heard of. Something called a "Jamocha shake". I ordered one and have been hooked on Arbys every since. I've gone back enough times that I learned to actually like that "allegedly roast beef" sandwich. I have had occasional visits to certain Arbys in and around The Villages (I really should have noted the locations) where the meet seemed tough and chewy. Perhaps it had just been slow days and the "roast" in question had dried out. Still, it's better than Burger King, Hardees or McDonalds (whose Quarter Pounder went downhill when they started local sourcing it). Wendys is only marginally better in my opinion (with their spicy chicken sandwich being their saving grace).

I'm just glad I'm no longer working and having short lunch hours where fast foot places like this were my only real option. I hardly ever eat fast food any more and my waistline and cholesterol levels thank me for it!