View Single Post

Old 02-21-2019, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I do a whole lot of the things that have already been mentioned. I have always gotten a kick out of saving change each night when the day is done any dollar bills and coins go into a box. Usually about $500 a year. Nice to hand it over to the Grandchildren at Christmas.

A possibly unpopular decision that is being considered by me is quitting Sam's Club. The order ahead and pick up service is not as great as advertised, February 1st they were supposed to offer free car washes to all members who bought the $99 membership. It didn't happen. Do the math at 7 minutes a car its an impossibility to cover the people who would want to use the service. The money you may save on something during the year is taken away when electronics is your weakness.

Sam's did a great job with the checkout and has many strong points but the entire Enchilada for me doesn't add up. I'd rather go to one of the other great places we have to shop. I just saw what we spent there last year. It's not good. I won't leave unless Sam's Mrs. Nucky gives me the green light to do so but the savings with this move would be better than saving pocket change. Just a thought.