Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2019, 04:05 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

Did anyone else get caught today holding KHC?

I have only a few shares but own some BRK which also took a hit.

It seems tastes and food preferences have changed quite a bit over the last couple of generations. Very few people I know anymore eat the food products full of preservatives and sodium our parents ate that are manufactured en masse by large corporations. I am thinking Jell-O, Kool-Aid, canned soups (Campbell's), lunch meats such as Spam, hot dogs, bologna, processed cheese product such as Velveeta, canned ground coffee such as Folgers and Maxwell House, Heinz ketchup and mustard and so on. Today's incredible year round availability of vast selections of fresh fruits and vegetables, "gourmet" coffee, tea and other drink and condiment alternatives along with more disposable income may make the difference. When I was growing up I never heard the terms organic, gluten-free, fat free, low salt or vegetarian. lol

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 02-22-2019 at 04:47 PM.