View Single Post

Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

As most of us here, I've had the good/bad experiences of wait times in doctors offices.

Yesterday happened to the THE BEST.

Had day surgery at TV hospital by Dr Yin Luk, general surgeon.

Went to her TV office in January for initial consultation after Primary Care Dr and insur approval. Had 3 hernias - inginual...(for the 3rd time there), umbilical, and at the sternum from prev surg there. She was very thorough and communicated perfectly. Surg scheduled for 2/18. All 3 hernias. Everything went perfectly and recuperating thru the week. Yesterday was the post-op visit at her other office near Leesburg Hosp. Appt for 10:15. Arrived at 9:55; called in quickly while reviewing magazine choice. Did not even have time to sit down in waiting room. In exam room and nurse reviewed info and completed BP etc etc. Done, 1 min later Dr Luk came in reviewed all with us and examined surg areas. Questions<>answers. Done. Walking out as I checked my watch. It was 10:15. Happened to pass Dr Luk, gave her a hug and told her the 'world record'. We laughed. She will be my go-to general surgeon from this point on. Perfect experience.