View Single Post

Old 02-26-2019, 10:47 AM
Default Medicare Verification Department Call

I received a (bogus) call yesterday from "the Medicare Verification Dept". She identified herself and gave me her "employee ID#" to verify she was legit. She asked if I was Robert and after I said yes she asked if I had received my new Medicare card and after I said yes she said "would you please verify that the following address is accurate...and she rattled off an old address from 2 years ago". The red flag went up. I asked "why would you ask me that if you mailed my new card and it was received at the correct address and I get routine correspondence from Medicare at my correct address?" She began stuttering and said they were just trying to verify my information. I asked her to give me her number and I would call her back. She said that she couldn't do that and I told her she was not from Medicare and I was going to immediately report her. I hung up and called Medicare who verified that the call was not legit and took detailed information from me to register the call and report the incident for their Medicare records and to the FTC. I'm sure other of you have received this attempt at obtaining your info but if not, beware!