Thread: Purging Regret
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2019, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

Since none of us are able to come up with things we regret not taking, here are some tips I used to help me purge a little deeper.

1. I took pictures of all those "sentimental" tchotchkes, souvenirs, wedding favors and other similar "treasures" which made it easier for me to part with them.

2. I gave away all my books and bought a Kindle.

3. I uploaded my extensive CD collection into itunes.

4. I mercilessly purged through the family photos and discarded the pictures of cakes, backs of people dancing on wedding floors, duplicates, scenery/people that I no longer recognize, etc. and sent the rest out to be put onto a couple of DVDs. This was so worth the relatively small investment!

5. As someone whose weight has fluctuated quite bit, I found I had clothes in every size. I am determined to only keep clothes that fit me now! Also, I brought way too many pairs of shoes -- many of which I will never, ever use down here! So I gave them to Good Will (just recently) -- after almost 3 years here in TV, I am still purging. LOL.

6. Cooking and Baking items continue to be a problem -- it appears I own every kitchen gadget known to man. I am not yet emotionally prepared to discard a lot of them but it is on my list to tackle soon. I wish I had done it before we moved -- out of sight, out of mind. But we all have our secret vices I guess.

I hope this little list helps you. Good luck with your move --you are going to love it here!