Thread: Purging Regret
View Single Post

Old 02-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

My personal feeling on this is bring what you really love and just cannot leave behind. I left dishes because I thought I was never going to cook again!, have had to replace them. Also, when you first arrive the temperature is super different and winter clothing feels unnecessary. When you have lived here a few years you acclimatize to the temps and start to feel cold at 70 degrees, so I wish I had brought a couple of wintry type jackets. Also I left some mid-weight blankets, wish I had them now in January and February, hate spending the money to replace stuff I gave away. I also disagree on dark furniture. We had some really good dark wood antique end tables that we brought with us, and I got rid of two beautiful living room sets and ended up buying almost the same thing when I got down here. So, bring what you love and donate to Salvation Army if you make a mistake. Relax and enjoy because moving is ultra stressful without adding to it.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak