Thread: Purging Regret
View Single Post

Old 02-27-2019, 12:53 PM
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe View Post
Moving to TV this summer. Based on advice on TOTV I am getting rid of most of my stuff in my 30 year old house. Was there anything you ‘left behind’ that you wish you brought along? Eg card table, coolers, fans?
Not sure why you would ask others, others that do not know you,
what you should take with you. For that matter people who do not know what home you are buying.

For me, I wish I could have taken my basement. There are no basements here unless someone is calling a basement an indoor swimming pool.

Your move. We did a long distance move. Our cost was, it is calculated by weight, was .57 per 10 lbs plus extra for insurance. Truly simple. If, you own an old generator. Is it worth moving or might it be a wiser idea to sell it and buy another one.

Regrets? I do not allow any at all. I think, I plan and always based on the information I had at the time, the decision I made was the right one. The Villages-we have electricity, in door plumbing and no shortage of stores.

If, I recall, our move was like 300 BOXES. A suggestion, I would photograph everything you pack. Should something break or the box disappear you will need proof, that you had it and that it was properly packed.