Thread: Best Lunch
View Single Post

Old 03-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
Not sure I understand the great deal here? Lunch is $5.95 with purchase of a $2.95 Lemon Aid. And why wouldn't you tip 20% That all is $10.68.

So lunch is $10.68
Sorry! My post went over your head.

Lunch (special) there is $5.95 I have been there with more than one neighbor who tried to get it without buying a beverage. Electing to order a water with extra lemon and then putting a few sweet 'n lows in. I remember once a server put his amount on my tab. When she handed it to me she said " You understand what I did.... don't you?" After thinking for 5 seconds I said I did. I said to the guy next to me that was all happy thinking she forgot to charge him "Give me $8.00" He was not a happy camper and also told me I was making his tip too large. He was so upset he wanted his own check til I explained it all to him. And NO - I don't do lunch with him any more!

As for your question on tipping..... can't remember the last time I tipped 20%. ALWAYS tip more.... tended bar part time for a long time. The absolute worst was in The Villages! I figure I averaged about 12% and then had to tip out the Host and Busser on any tables I did in the bar area.

You forgot the tax in your figure......