View Single Post

Old 03-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Brian Wilson Beach Boys will be in Clearwater in May at Ruth Eckerd Hall, maybe AAA has a bus going? Did you go last night to the Sharon, the morning Sun has a nice article about the Mike Love Beach Boys. I've seen their recent videos on youtube and they're very good, I didn't go because tickets were $150 apiece. Besides Mike they also have Bruce Johnston who actually replaced Brian Wilson in '69 so he wouldn't have to tour. I really liked the songs that Carl Wilson sang, and he's been dead 20 years but the Asian drummer they have sings his parts and sounds just like him.

Maybe someone can give us a review from Sunday or Monday night.

The Villages Florida
No, didn't see Mike Love as we're not Villagers quite yet. Will finally be retiring in May & buying there as soon as our house sells here in B'ham, AL. Honestly never been a fan of Mike Love since he's gone out of his way a few times to publicly diss Brian, who I'll always believe is a musical genius. We saw Brian & his band here in B'ham two years ago and tickets were only $75. No way I'd pay $150 to see M. Love. Al Jardine's son Matt does a great job of singing all the high notes that Brian can't hit anymore.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL