View Single Post

Old 03-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Veteran member

This is only my opinion but as background I started listening to BS&T right around their first album “Child is Father To Man.” Sure I would like to see guys like Al Kooper, David Clayton Thomas and Randy Brecker in the band, but that was then and this is now. I loved every song with the exception of Go Down Gambling and possibly Lucretia McEvil but I never liked those tunes even when the original band did them. Everything else I thought was great, the band was tight the brass players were excellent. I started listening to BST tunes from my library about a month before the concert and other than the vocals not by the original singers, the playing was much the same probably even a little better than the originals. I was however dissappointed that the pianist organist was not using a Hammond B or C3 since there is nothing like the original clone wheel organ. The Nord he was using is respectable but it will never be a Hammond.

By the way BST’s roots were originally jazz and blues based. Al Kooper one of the original members came to BST after working with a band called the Blues Project.

they could have done without the opening act.

Last edited by B-flat; 03-05-2019 at 10:20 PM.