View Single Post

Old 03-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
OK, I did have my 2014 electric cart converted from lead acid to lithium by AGC, Advantage Golf Cars, when they were located in The Villages. They have since moved to Ocala. It was expensive and, over time, did not meet our expectations.

The setup: 10 Lithium batteries, all with their own charger and a management controller.
Pros: Less weight, better range per charge.

Cons: over a 2 year period, 3 batteries and 5 chargers had to be replaced. Over a 2 month period this year, the cart was in for service 5 times, and while the battery and chargers were replaced under warranty, the cost to transport to Ocala was not. The system also caused us to go through 2 solenoids in a 2 year period.

The Bottom Line: IMHO, I would not have this done as a conversion on an existing cart. A new cart that comes from the manufacture that is already setup with a Lithium system (like the new Atomic carts) might be a much better choice.

BTW, traded that cart in at Carts and Clubs for a 2018 Yamaha EFI quiet tech gas cart.
RESPONSE Originally I was happy with a cart from AGC in the villages, and yes, they have moved. Later on, recently, I found that the battery installation was faulty, the auto water lines were leaking, the cell covers leaked too. Had it overhauled by a tech from Emerge on highway 441. He did a very good job. I could see clearly the problems caused by AGC, but too late. When I called them about the problems, they are in Ocala, they wanted a big fee and parts charges, about $250 to correct their own errors on the original work. So , no more from them. EMerge is really good, very.