View Single Post

Old 03-10-2019, 02:39 PM

There are various reasons as many have pointed out. I have seen homes newly on the market advertised with a so-called discount. South of 44, some reps will tell you the properties are somewhat discounted due to ongoing construction, incomplete amenities, and still being disconnected by golf cart from the "mainland", so "get in now at a discount because the prices will go up once all that stuff is finished". But I've also seen homes sit for a while at one price and then get discounted. A home 2 doors down from me sat for a long time while all of the others around us were selling. They must have had 2 dozen open houses at that location. They discounted it, raised the price back up for a while, and then discounted it even further than the first time and then it finally sold.

But, OP, if your actual point is: "if they are willing to discount house X $15K, then why can't I make an offer on house Y for $15K less than asking?", that's not going to happen. They allow that once and it would open a whole can of worms they don't want opened.

It's not just homes next to non-villages property that get discounted. There are multiple scenarios. Once a village is almost sold out, you will sometimes see them discount the remaining homes, or most of them, to get that village closed out.