View Single Post

Old 03-11-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
People are NOT just moving to The Villages, they are also moving to Ocala, Fruitland Park, Wildwood, Oxford, Leesburg, and all of Lake, Sumter, and Marion Counties. Florida is now the third most populous State in the union. We are ahead of New York in population. If The Villages don't build, someone not as good will.
I 100% agree with this. Retirees (and other people) are fleeing the cold north for the warm south in droves.

We are several years from retiring, but we are on the hunt for a nice warm place to land. TV seems to have the best formula of the places we've investigated. Holding to that formula will continue to attract people, and TV will grow. It'd be interesting if The Developer would jump to a disconnected area - like Sarasota - and start an entirely new TV style development. But someone is going to buy up all the pasture & farmland in central FL & turn it into housing for northerners. It may as well be TV's developer.

And based on my wife & I planning to move to TV, her parents are in the process of moving there, and they've mentioned the place to several of their friends and some of them are now looking at moving down. A good product sells itself.