View Single Post

Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Pit bull attack.

I have a long term acquaintance whose dog was ripped up quite badly ($1200 worth of wounds that needed fixing by Buffalo Ridge Vets) by two pit bulls. This was though while he was trying to return a cell phone to his neighbors who opened the door when this guy knocked or rang the bell. The acquaintance had taken the dog to the pit bulls' house. And they attacked viciously. One of the owners of the pit bulls did get hurt trying to pull these two dogs off of the much smaller dog.

Please keep the details out of this any more than this if you know whom I am talking about here.

Just wanted to talk more about pit bulls some of whom get a bad rap. I have met maybe a couple dozen pit bulls that are a lot sweeter than most of the small dogs I have met.

The dog that got attacked is an extremely gentle pooch. Not a mean gene in its body.

Other pit bulls if I am not familiar with them I avoid as much as possible as there are very nasty pit bulls out there. But these have usually been mistreated or trained to kill other dogs for the amusement of their owners and money for various parties.

My sister-in-law's family has often had pit bulls and she adopted what looked like a pit bull/boxer mix last year from Max's Pet Connection in Lady Lake. She throws all kind of love at their dog as does the rest of her family.

I do have a female friend who had a gentle pit bull mix that did eventually get a bit aggressive when it would play rough with a boxer mix. The dog never harmed another dog though as far as I know.

My neighbor in Palm Harbor raised two pit bulls and was in hot water with the authorities for mistreating one of these dogs. Both of which were quite gentle but he kept them in cages. He had tied one to his car and tried to walk it in the neighborhood from a leash out his car's window. The cops followed the blood trial to his house after a teen called 911.

This neighbor fought to get the pit bull back from the authorities. There was a lot of resistance in the community and this did make the various Tampa Bay news stations and newspapers.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-13-2019 at 09:35 AM.