View Single Post

Old 03-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
1. Judge Judy...seriously?
2. The context of this thread is not about a dog not being leashed in public. It's about a dog on a leash, being led to private property, where two dogs legally reside within the dwelling on that private property. The leashed dog, who was a visitor, uninvited, was attacked on private property by the dogs that have legal residence on that property.

In the OP, there is no mention that the dogs ever left private property, with or without a leash.

3. The "lockjaw" mechanism of pitbulls is an urban legend. It is not true. In addition, the biting and shaking behavior is common for all species of dog, it's not specific to pits, or even specific to guard dogs, or trained dogs, or agressive dogs. You can even buy tug-o-war toys in all pet stores to accommodate play with this behavior. The toys are sized for all types and varieties of dogs, from miniature chihuahuas to Cane Corsos and everything inbetween.

4. Pit bulls (one t - unless you're referring to Brad) are not only Staffordshire Terriors. Pit bull is a category that includes four different breeds of terrior/bull mixes, with a fifth considered by some dog fanciers. According to Wikipedia:

Most of this stuff you can easily find with a google search.
Yes. Judge Judy. Seriously. I enjoy her program very much and Tal was asking about opinions of the breed.

Here is his quote in the third or fourth post above; "I am trying to get the talk onto stereotypes about pit bulls as I have had a lot of talks with Villagers and those outside of it who lump all pit bulls together. Each dog is an individual even if with animals instincts and genes do play a big role IMHO."

I will jump in with the opinion that it looks to me like science is pointing to a lot of behavior being genetic, human and animal. Not to rule out that behavioral modification can well modify behavior...SOME.

I have never met a golden retriever that wasn't goofy and loveable and sweet.

Or a cat who wasn't quite a bit of a narcissist. I do love them though.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-13-2019 at 05:03 PM.