Thread: Hey dopey!
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I was running along the multi-model by 466 this morning around 08.45, facing traffic, when a woman barrelling along in a gas cart (estimated speed 25mph) failed to move over, forcing me on to the grass (luckily it wasn't a hedge at that point).

Other times I have been on the split section of that path and carts have moved over but continued at 25+mph

Most people move over AND slow down but there are always some idiots who forget they have a steering wheel and brakes.

In some circumstances (usually if I would have no place to escape to) I run with the traffic - it gives the driver much more time to see me and take evasive action. In 40 years of running I have never been hit from behind whereas, if I hadn't jumped out of the way, I would certainly have been hit from the front on many occasions.

So, while I try to obey the "law" I adapt to take account of the (thankfully) few selfish idiots that are out there.

ALWAYS run (or walk) facing traffic.............It only takes on idiot and unfortunately, there is more than one.

Be Safe!!