View Single Post

Old 03-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Wink

Note: I can't get rid of that winking blue emoticon that is at the start of my post. I am not messing with you. I promise. Just ignore that winking blue face. It is not supposed to be there.

Anyway:

Good afternoon, my fellow bargain shoppers.

Today, I am asking if anybody has any thoughts on HBI. Hanesbrands makes boring, affordable underwear.

Over the past 52 weeks, it has been down over 8%. Now, it is coming up from its 52-week low.

The dividend is 3.38% with a payout ratio of 40%. HBI is not among the Dividend Aristocrats, or even close. But the current payout ratio is tame enough, though I think I heard that something totally insane was going on with that a while back, but I can't find that info right now. Debt issues maybe?? CEO? Not sure.

I am not looking for a skyrocketing price, just some upward and onward. And while waiting, the dividend is not too bad. I am just wondering if this recently ugly duckling has a chance of turning into a SWAN?

That's all I know so far. As always, I appreciate your thoughts. (except for the Buffett Bashing )

Last edited by Boomer; 03-16-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo