View Single Post

Old 03-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Well, bilcon, the majority of us that enjoy the native species are smart enough not to walk our "toy dogs" (whatever in the hell you determine that is) or our grandchildren around where we know a gator is going to be. We are the ones that usually don't feed the wild animals (that is more than likely done by the whining/crying type that got Larry removed) and we are usually the ones that quietly observe our native species without posting on social media every freaking move they make.

So yes, I got ****ed off when the losers in life whining crybabies couldn't keep their mouths shut and got something removed that I used to quietly enjoy watching when I had to go to Brownwood.
It'd only be quietly enjoyable until that gator ran out of vittles in his VERY limited pond, which is now surrounded by people - who walk around with small animals and grandchildren, or drive in open golf carts and sometimes stop on the road. A creature that enormous can't subsist on the very limited amount of -natural- food, in a heavily built-up area. These are not tamed animals, and they are not contained safely away from people.

This lizard is in a better place now, being looked after, given food and any medical attention it might need as it ages in life, a HUGE territory with lots of other alligators it can hang out with, AND in a place where anyone can enjoy the opportunity of watching it - and its companions, in a more natural setting than a man-made senior housing development with a few trees and retention ponds and pristine manicured lawns.